Where to eat and drink in Düsseldorf, Germany
Last updated: January 2023
Düsseldorf is a city in western Germany, it’s the capital and second-largest city in the state of North Rhine-Westphalia and it is the seventh-largest city in Germany.
Düsseldorf is known for its vibrant arts and culture scene, as well as its historic old town. The city is also a major center for business and finance, and is home to a number of international companies and trade fairs. Düsseldorf is located on the River Rhine and is known for its picturesque riverfront promenade and lively nightlife. Visitors to the city can enjoy a range of museums and galleries, as well as a variety of shops, restaurants, and bars.
Tipp: wander along the Rhine Embankment Promenade (Rheinuferpromenade), a promenade on the right bank of the Rhine. It bends from the Parliament down to the harbour and it gets sunshine all day long.
Isabella glutenfreie Pâtisserie (100% gluten-free)
Isabella Glutenfreie Pâtisserie is a chain and is located in Aachen, Düsseldorf (Oberkassel & Königsallee/Kö-Galerie), Hamburg, Cologne and Stuttgart.
I visited Isabella glutenfreie Pâtisserie in Aachen, read my review about it here.
Düsseldorf Oberkassel: You will find Isabella Glutenfreie Pâtisserie on Arnulfstraße nº4, Düsseldorf, Germany.
Düsseldorf Königsallee/Kö-Galerie: You will find Isabella Glutenfreie Pâtisserie on Königsallee nº60, Düsseldorf, Germany.
Underneath I have listed some restaurants which I haven’t visited yet, but are on my list! I got these reco’s from gluten-free friends, family and followers. Please check with the restaurant for options. If you’ve visited any of the restaurants, or if you have another tip, please leave a comment!
- Ruthis Café & Bistro (100% gluten-free): Ruthis serves a great selection of delicious dishes. All dishes and specialties at Ruthis are gluten-free. The restaurant is located in the south of Düsseldorf near the beautiful Schloss Benrath. Address: Urdenbacher Allee nº3, Düsseldorf, Germany.
- Backbrüder (100% gluten-free): Backbrüder is a 100% gluten-free bakery with organic, regional and high quality products. Read my review about Backbrüder in Essen. Address: Duisburger Str. nº50, Düsseldorf, Germany.
- Ristorante Barolo: Ristorante Barolo serves Italian cuisine combined with an international touch. The menu is marked up with allergens and they offer few gluten free options. Also they have an excellent wine selection. Address: Königsallee nº60, Düsseldorf, Germany.
- Brauerei im Füchschen: although the thought of a brewery might scare you off, they do offer some gluten-free options here. The menu is clearly marked with allergens. The portions are big including lots of meat and potatoes. Address: Ratinger Str. nº28, Düsseldorf, Germany.
- Seehaus Langenfeld: restaurant Seehaus Langenfeld is located in Langenfeld, a 20 minute drive from Düsseldorf, and has some gluten free options on their menu. While enjoying your food you can watch people waterskiing or wakeboarding. Address: Baumberger Str. nº88, Langenfeld, Germany.
I cannot guarantee that all restaurants and stores listed above are 100% free of gluten. Always check with the restaurant for cross-contamination and whether there is an understanding for celiac disease sufferers.
August 5, 2020 at 16:52
Das No Glu am carlsplatz gibt es schon länger nicht mehr 🙁
August 6, 2020 at 11:18
Thank you! I have removed it from the listings.